Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Swing.

Tonight I needed new scenery.
I went to the park near my house and sat on a swing.
The decision was abrupt and happened with little thought.

I told myself this was a chance to take it all in.
To breath in what has happened, all that is to come and the intricate details of the present.
With each kick and pull I was supposed to soak. To allow myself to see it all, but most importantly to be okay with it all. To rest in it all.
I swung and said 'I am okay.'
Tears ran down; not of sadness and not of joy, but because I knew I was okay.
I knew that there were broken people all around me crying out at that very moment. I knew that there were people filled with celebration and contentment at that very moment, as well.
And here I was, swinging. Okay. Alive.

I swung away the years and let the air flow in my hair. Letting myself feel as alive as my humanity would allow.
The innocence of a swing and all the things of childhood contrasted with the fear of the current darkness and the shadows I saw ahead.

So, I focused on the stars. I focused on the Divine. I focused on resting. I focused on letting the air push me higher.

And I knew I was Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment