Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Moving Forward

The poem I wrote about walking down the aisle.
Ben read it right before I took that first few steps.




Hair tied, Bouquet in hand
So much consumed in a single moment; past present and future all contained in the now 
The wafting melodies begin to float through the air 
Who was once my home takes my arm 
We give a smile that contains all the years, and removes the questions 
There is no one left but two 
My breathing increases with the music 
A still voice interferes; “Just move forward, 

Move towards union,
Move towards freedom, 
Move towards trust. 

Innocence is confused as elegance as I listen to the voice 
Fear will not weary as I move towards the promises of the Divine 
All this is, is one foot in front of the other on a journey to Home. 
I step, I pray; I am at peace 

Just move forward 
When there are no more steps to be taken, smile and rest 
This is Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment