Pages

Monday 4 June 2012

The Lord will fight for you and you need only to be STILL - Bible

Lord, I want to sit with you and just exist in Your presence.

Jan 4, 2011
You meet me in times of bitterness, anger, and hatred. In times where it's hardest for me and when it's hardest to love me. When I am so full of this disease of spite, it actually hurts. In the times that most people would turn away and be repulsed by my ugliness; you accept me at full. You hold my small quivering body and empty it of all the noise. I am a vessel of noisy voices until you come to calm my spirit and bring me peace. It's hard  in the middle of my temper and brokenness to whisper "Abba, I belong to you," but it is what I must do. Tonight, even as I write this, I have distractions and my ugliness resurfaces. The ugliness that can be so hard to control; yet, you grab hold of it and say to me "I still love you and you are going to be okay." The simplest of words to put a stop to my logic and theologies. All the things that tell me I must make sense of the noise- You're simple words shake me awake. "Stop, I still love you and you are going to be okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment