Pages

Saturday 14 January 2012

Stand in Wonder

Have you ever stood in wonder at something?


I had a moment of wonder today that brought back many other moments of wonder and got me thinking.


I was walking down the streets of Ottawa as it snowed; I suddenly couldn’t believe I was there in that moment at that time.
I stood in wonder at the fact I was here, in Ottawa, walking the streets of my current home city.
All the moments that brought me here standing behind the wonder.


That’s when all other moments came to mind. All times I stood in wonder at something; anything.
All the moments on the Island that I was dazzled by the beauty God had created.
Standing before a sunrise that held brighter colours then I had ever witnessed in a Crayola box.
The night sky filled with glorious bright stars. The moment one shoots across the sky and I catch my breath.
The moments in that small tabernacle that I stood in wonder at the pureness of the Lord and the work I saw being done around me in and through the people I had grown up with.

I still have moments of complete wonder and awe with Ben.
I sometimes look at him and my heart can’t believe I am here. With him. Now

It started with moments of wonder, walking down the windy lit up streets of Ottawa on a cold winter night. Talking about life, faith, dreams with this boy.
A month later we are again walking on another windy cold winter night on a trail in Toronto. We confess emotions while sipping on tea. I stand in wonder.
The moment we are sitting on a balcony in Florida just sitting in each other’s presence. Smelling the Florida air and falling even deeper in love. Apparently it was possible.

The former Ben Albrecht I had known, surely not the same boy.
I look down at my hand the spaces filled with his, a ring on my finger, I look at his face. Is this for real?
Here I am. With the man I will be with. Forever.
More moments of complete wonder.
The moment I bought the dress for my own wedding.
Is this happening?
The moments I am with him and know I will never love anyone greater or more fully then I love him in that moment. I close my eyes to try and hold that moment as a memory for as long as I can.


I can’t wait for more moments of wonder.
The day, only six months away now, that I look him in the eyes and promise him the world. Give him my life. Commit to him forever.


The ultimate moment of wonder.


I will close my eyes and pray that the moment will stay with me.
The moment of our first kiss and first dance as husband and wife; moments of affection and intimacy to start off the rest of our life.
Standing in complete wonder. He’s mine.
As I remember to thank the Divine.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautifully and preciously written! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete